Call me a Basic B, but I love pumpkin bakery. When the weather turns cooler and the leaves start changing, I crave the spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and cardamom. Add in tart apple and I’m ready to hide my waistline with oversized sweaters.Jump to Recipe
If you have little kids, you’ve probably hit up a pumpkin patch and apple orchard. And if you’re like me, you wanted to get your money’s worth. So now, my kitchen counter is covered with apples and dreams of using them for more than just dipping in peanut butter.
With an extra hour this past Sunday, I had the time to whip up a batch of Pumpkin Apple Muffins that my kids adore. The best part about this recipe? No peeling required.
Easy Pumpkin Apple Muffins
- 2 1/2 cups Flour (Gluten Free 1:1)
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Pumpkin puree (Not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
- 2 Grated Green Apples
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar for sprinkling on top
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Combine all dry ingredients into one bowl (flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger & salt)
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, pumpkin and coconut oil
- Slowly mix the dry ingredients with the wet until the consistency is like cookie dough
- Fold in grated apples. This will add moisture to the batter, so it will turn to a consistency that is more like quick bread.
- Scoop into a muffin tin with liners. Fill the batter about 3/4 of the way up the liner.
- Sprinkle brown sugar on top of each muffin
- Bake for 20 minutes. Check if they are done by sticking a toothpick in one of the muffins. If it comes out clean, the muffins are fully baked.